Health and Safety
If a child should bite another child, for whatever reason, it is the policy of Holy Family Preschool to have that child who bit be sent home for that day. The child may return on the following school day.Please realize the seriousness of biting and that it can not be tolerated at school.If you are called about your child biting please make every attempt to have you or someone on the White Emergency Card come pick them up as soon as possible. The connection will be made quicker that the act of biting caused them to have them be sent home.
If your child is sick please keep them at home. Germs are quickly spread throughout the school.
Keep your child at home for any of the following:
Pink eye (conjunctivitis), Head lice, Chicken pox, Streph throat, etc.
Vomiting or diarrhea
Unusual skin rash of any type
Runny nose with thick discharge
Fever of 99 degrees or higherShould your child develop any of the above parents will be called to pick up their child.Children need to stay home for 24 hours symptom free.
No over the counter medications are allowed at Holy Family Preschool.
Prescription medications need to come to school in the container it was originally dispensed in and a medicine spoon or syringe needs to be included. Both container and spoon will be placed in a ziploc bag with the child’s name on the outside. A medicine form will be completed by the parent before prescription medication will be administered.
If your child has been diagnosed by a physician with asthma and uses an inhaler, one must remain at school while your child is in attendance.
The inhaler must be in the box dispensed by the pharmacy. A form needs to be provided for administering the inhaler.
If your child has any allergies this must be discussed with the director.
FOODS NOT ALLOWED AT SCHOOL
- Whole Nuts
These are known inhalants!
Peanuts and peanut butter is allowed at school unless there is a child in attendance who has a severe peanut allergy. Parents will be notified should it become necessary to eliminate this food item.
If your child will be absent please call the school.
Please provide the following information:
- child’s name
- date calling
- reason for the absence
- anticipated date of child’s return
When child returns to school please fill out the Reason for Absence form.
The following items are needed for napping:
- fitted crib sheet
- small blanket (no bigger than the school mat and not too thick)
- small pillow (optional) (see example size at school)
- 1 stuffed animal to sleep with (optional) (maximum 12 inches tall)
A small bag (not a back pack) needs to be provided to store the naptime items in. A reusable grocery store bag or a small duffel bag with zipper may be used for this purpose.
- No “nap sacks”/sleeping bags/bed rolls may be used for naps at school
- No back packs are allowed at school
- No pillow pals of any size are allowed
- Label all personal items brought to school (keep toys at home)
CLOTHING FOR EMERGENCIES
A complete set of clothing needs to be kept in your child’s cubbie to be used in case of an emergency. Which should include:
WHAT YOUR CHILD SHOULD WEAR TO SCHOOL
- Clothes that fit well and are easy to move in.
- Clothes that you as a parent are comfortable if they should get stained so your child can fully participate in the activities at school.
- Clothes that are easy for the child to take on and off so they can go to the bathroom quickly and aide in self-help skills.
- No slip on shoes are to be worn at school. Only those shoes that have velcro, buckles, or ties and with non-skid soles may be worn. No shoes with high heels may be worn.
- Preferably no belts or overalls or similar type clothing are to be worn at school.
Sign in Sign out Procedures FAQ
Q. Who can sign out my child from preschool?
A. Only people listed on the White Emergency Card will be allowed to sign children out from school. A person who is 18 or older may pick up a child at Holy Family Preschool. If a person is under the age of 18 written permission must be given.
Q. What if a relative not on the White Emergency Card wants to pick up my child?
A. A signed note by a parent/guardian is required for a child to be picked up by a person not on the White Emergency Card. In case of an unexpected emergency a phone call from parent will be accepted. Proper identification (picture id) will be required.
Q. How do I sign my child in or out from Preschool?
A. There is a sign in/out book located by the main door to the preschool. Each child has their own sheet in which a parent will use each day the child is in attendance. The current day/adult signature time in and out must be recorded each day the child is in attendance. The person signing the child in and out must use their legal signature.
Q. What if I am late picking up my child?
A. $1.00 per minute will be charged if a child on the extended day schedule is picked up after 6:00 p.m. and if the child is on a regular day schedule is picked up after 3:00 p.m.